Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Just Zoo It

Our first trip to the zoo! Of course, we picked a rather chilly morning to make our inagural visit. You'd think waiting until mid-May would ensure some balminess---but not so much. Good news, Callan didn't seem to mind! He seemed to really enjoy himself---he was pretty quite at first, just taking it all in. I think it is hard for him to know where to look. He wants to watch the kids, the animals, the golf carts, the leaves....I mean there is a lot going on! We were able to visit the petting zoo, the gorilla house, the cat house and the aquarium. All in all, I think Callan's favorite thing was that most of the ledges in the zoo are perfect Callan height. He can stand by himself and walk along using the ledge for balance. He thought the ledges in the aquarium were particularly delightful. By the time we visited there he was over the quite stage and was hooting and hollering. I had to keep reminding myself that it was our first visit---not our only. That we didn't have to see and do everything that day. Phew. Pressure. Luckily for me I had that mindset as we had to leave the zoo a little earlier than I had planned because someone was getting cranky and hungry. And I packed Callan a lunch. That's right deductive reasoners, it was Eric! 11:30 a.m. he was hungry and disappointed that the pizza they serve wasn't from Pizza Hut or other fine Pizza chain so we had to get out of there to feed that hungry baby. (Again, Eric.) I guess I need a bigger diaper bag!






No comments: