Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Cous(in) I said so

So in my newly (ha!) belated fashion, a past due post.
A few weeks ago we were lucky enough to host Eric's family for a pizza dinner. Callan was LOVING getting to see his cousins in action. He watched Ryan and Luke show him what his golf clubs can do---besides be toted around and banged on the floor. And he got to spend some time with Rachael, who he seems to just adore. Proof below.



In other cousin related news, last week Callan was treated to a first ever baby sit by Uncle Grant! What a lucky guy (Callan)! Grant cleared his schedule to watch Callan for us while I had a work dinner and Eric a golf tournament. Grant shrugged off my 15 paragraph email with instructions on the two hours he'd be spending with Callan--what we usually do when, etc. (Fine. Yes I can appreciate that it might be a bit controlling to send detailed notes on what to feed a 1 year old to a Chef. Perhaps even ironic, but Grant's been the subject of my neurosis for years, he's accustomed.) Callan was happy to see Grant and got so excited showing off for him that he needed a nap. So Grant let him take a little nap...but when Callan woke up Grant was no longer in the company of a happy go lucky little boy, but instead a crying sad little guy. Apparently, it was a fairly trying two hours for them both. So much so that when I asked Grant how it went, he relayed this story to me:

Johanna called to see if she should come over and heard Callan crying. She said "Oh, great, I suppose now you don't want to have kids?!!" and I said was "you wouldn't either if you were here right now!"

So I guess I'll have to wait a while before I ask for that favor again? And I suppose we don't have to wonder if Callan will be having any new cousins in the immediate future.

Controlling the population, one family at a time. Who's next?

No comments: