Monday, July 13, 2009

Intercom

A loosely based transcript.

As you might imagine, Eric and I aren't always in the same room. And sometimes, to be heard, we must yell at one another. Only in the most loving of ways, of course. And sometimes the things we yell are a little peculiar. Pretty much the only thing we should ever yell is "HELP!" Meaning come here now I want to: show you; ask you; tell you; hurt you. This occurred to me this weekend while Eric yelled the following things to me:

Setting: Our house, me in closet, Eric in Callan's room w/Callan.

Eric: DOES THE FACE GO IN THE FRONT OR THE BACK?
me: WHAT?
Eric: DOES THIS GUY'S FACE GO IN THE FRONT OR THE BACK?
me: OF WHAT?!
Eric: (pissed) DOES HIS FACE GO ON HIS BUTT OR NOT?!

This was concerning to me for many reasons. However, I was relieved to learn that The Guy was not Callan, but Elmo. And the face was Elmo's face but the butt was Callan's. He was trying to figure out which way his swim diaper went on.

Phew.

No comments: