Wednesday, April 14, 2010

*$#)@ DOG.

Grrr. There has been a lot of growling going on lately. It is not the dog growling at me, but me growling at the DOG.

Vegas has been trying my patience lately. It seems as though every time I turn around he has a new little shenanigan waiting for me.


Two nights ago I awoke in the middle of the night to a very strong smell. I was convinced (my imagination is super active at 3:30 a.m.) that I smelled an electrical fire. I sprang out of bed and was setting about to sniff out the problem and feel every cord in the house to make sure none of them were hot. Luckily, I was distracted by a pillow that had fallen on the floor. A pillow with a large mysterious spot on it. A wet spot. A freakin' dog pee spot. Grrrr. I think Vegas was lucky the Humane Society isn't open at 3:30. I put him in his kennel and went back to our room. Where I could then hear him trying to dig through the plastic bottom to China. So then I got up and put his kennel in the garage. Eric let him out in the morning or he may still be in there if it were up to me.


I know that might not seem like enough to set a person off. Even a person with swollen ankles and extra hormones. But perhaps this next story will help you see where I am coming from.


So last week, Eric had to go to work early in the morning. This left Callan and I to our routine...or a variation thereof. Callan hopped in the shower with me. After our shower Callan asked for a diaper reprieve. It feels like a small thing to give. A few minutes with out a diaper. I can handle it. Well, most of the time I can handle it. This particular morning in the blink of an eye we had a giant disgaster. (Disgusting Disaster) I will spare you the details. Just know it had lots to do with not having a diaper on and a dog who is undiscriminating about what he eats. Thank god my morning sickness is over or that would have set me about having a whole new problem on top of what I already had to deal with.


So see what I mean?

Vegas started it.

No comments: