Tuesday, July 15, 2008

An Overnight Visit

OK, this is a really belated post, but it was a milestone sooo here it is anyway!!!

Exactly one week after arriving home, we had quite an exciting evening...
We were getting Callan ready to go to his first party, when the windstorm hit. We lost power for about 15 hours. I decided that I wasn't rugged enough to be able to care for Callan w/out electricity. Something about changing a diaper while holding a flash light under you chin just didn't work for me. So he and I packed up and headed out to spend the night at my parents house. Since it was already late in the evening (10p ish) we didn't have enough light at home to get the Pack'n Play loaded up, so I left w/a portable swing hoping that would work for the night. Once we got there and my parents helped us settle in, I couldn't stand the way Callan was sitting in the swing so I decided that he should sleep in his car seat instead. Once I got him nestled in there, I spent the night worrying that his chin might be resting on his chest and obstructing an air way. So I spent most of the time worrying and occasionally flicking on my flashlight (in place of a nightlight) to make sure all was well. Callan slept like a champ...in fact until two nights ago I believe that was his longest stretch of sleep on record--nearly 4 hours (and I spent it awake and watching him. good plan) . What I learned from that experience is that Callan will be fine, and can pretty much make himself comfortable wherever he might be...it's me I have to worry about!

No comments: