Monday, July 14, 2008

A Tale of Two Great Grandmas






It was the best of times, it was...just really the best of times! Callan was lucky enough to get to meet two of his Great Grandmas a few weeks ago.



My Grandma Gladys, Callan's Great Grandma (henceforth to be known as GG)...drove down to visit us (I say us, but we all know who I mean). She joked before hand that she had been working out lifting ten lb. bags of flour to prepare for holding him! Lucky thing since I roped her in to watching Callan while my mom (Thank you MOM!!!) and I cleaned the house. Callan was being so


spoiled by GG, that Vegas felt a little short changed. So when ever GG sat down with Callan, up came Vegas. An 11 pound baby on your lap doesn't leave a lot of room for a 15 pound dog, but Vegas found a way!



We also took Callan out to Wahoo to visit his Great Grandma Francis. She was delighted to see him, even though he spent most of our visit loudly announcing his presence. He also showed off by dirtying three diapers in about 30 minutes. It was an eventful day!


P.S. A careful observer might notice two new things about Callan from these pictures. His HANDS! After forcing Callan to spend the first three weeks of his life with his hands in mittens or, when in a bind, socks, so that he didn't scratch his face....I was finally given the confidence to trim his nails! A group of friends came to visit and reassured me that I wouldn't be able to maim him for life with the safety trimmers. Thankfully, they were right...or at least so far.



1 comment:

Jeanne said...

How special that he got to meet two great grandmas! Take lots of pictures - they are so fun to look back on. Having the 4 generations together for any type of celebration or gathering is pretty great.