Thursday, September 11, 2008

If this gym is a rockin' ...


Other titles considered:

1. Ringmaster
2. Mr. Thumbkin
3. Fan-scination Street


Last week we honed our skills from fist sucking to thumb sucking! And we are definitely showing a preference for our right hand instead of our left (or Righty and Lefty as Grandma Char likes to say).






Callan is more and more interested in his toys--even showing like and noticeable disinterest depending on the timing and the item. He loves a light-up talking butterfly that his cousin Rachael picked out for him --here's Aunt Angie entertaining him with it. And he LOVES ceiling fans---they mesmerize him! He watches ours and just smiles away at it. (Go figure. I hate that fan and have wanted to take it down since we moved here. Guess it will stay for a while longer.) He has also been enjoying some rather delicious and fun rings combined with his baby gym--which brings us to our clip of the week---our baby gym workout! Also--thanks to my mom for telling me that my videos do actually have sound! I guess that's what I get for turning the volume off on my computer so as not to wake Callan! Whoops!








Callan has been smiling and cooing a lot---I have a feeling we are just a few weeks away from our first giggle. His 'talking' has been getting steadily louder--I think he occasionally scares himself with his volume. It certainly surprises both Eric and I since we are both such quite voiced individuals. (sheesh!)




While he still isn't a fan of traditional tummy time, he has really been enjoying laying across my lap for a short little nap here and there. It's pretty funny to see him zonk out, arms and feet hanging, like reverse hammock.




I have begun a terrible habit of living vicariously through my son...and I don't see an end in sight! I have discovered that shopping for someone who is outgrowing their clothes (for good reason!!!) and needs new things with every change in weather is really rather delightful! You can construct a whole wardrobe without ever setting foot in the dressing room. He is also too young to complain about the things I like and his dad won't try--like sweaters! I shall enjoy it while it lasts!

No comments: