Friday, September 5, 2008

What in the Wide World of Sports?

OK. The facts: I've lived in Nebraska my entire life. I've never liked watching sports ( or playing them). And I've never really felt the need o fake my fandom...until now. Last weekend we went on a family outing to Husker Hounds so that Callan would be properly attired for the game. Eric got a new Huskers shirt too, so I felt a pang of left-outedness and I caved...purchasing my first piece of Husker apparel. It only took Callan three months and me thirty-one years. Go figure. Not the first first he has inspired me to and certainly not the last! I should also mention that Eric believes it is no mere coincidence that it was both Callan's first Husker game and Bo Pellini's. Possibly we are getting a little ahead of ourselves...


We had a great Labor Day weekend--lots of family time! Here are a few pictures from our festivities. I feel so lucky to be able to share Callan with our family---it is a beautiful thing to see this little man be so loved and celebrated by everyone we love. Lucky us!!!


In addition to our family gatherings, Callan also got to spend a day with my friend Amanda. We had so much fun! Callan was generous enough to take an afternoon nap long enough that I could enjoy the benefits of Amanda's training as an esthetician and get a facial! It was heaven!
Tomorrow night my parents are going to spend the evening with Callan while Eric and I go out on a date! A dinner eaten sitting down using two hands will be hard to get used to, but I think it will come back to me!

No comments: