Friday, November 21, 2008

It's not easy eatin' green...

Last weekend while Eric was out cheering the Huskers on to victory, my parents and Grant and Johanna came over to eat dinner with us. Callan was thrilled with the audience...and was particularly happy when Grant and Johanna arrived in time to distract me from 'helping' him try a new food---green beans. As you might imagine, they didn't go over well. I didn't expect that they would, but I had a game plan. I figured if I tried the green beans with bananas, it might make the bananas seem better tasting. Let's just say I underestimated my son. Not only did he hate the green beans and continued hating the bananas, he developed a new skill, which is the side-spoon-sip. He now buttons up his little lips and sucks in just a little taste from the spoon. If it is something he likes...say applesauce and sweet potatoes, well then he just opens that little mouth as wide as can be and life is good. If it is something not on our 'approved' list--that little mouth stays zipped shut.


h

After recovering from his near poisoning, Callan requested a new dinner and I obliged---going the pear and squash route---much to his delight. We had a great night with my folks and Grant and Jo. It's so fun to see Callan watch everyone, he is definitely a little observer. It is especially wonderful to see him recognize people. He knows my mom by her name now--when you tell him 'Grandma' is coming--he seems to know just what that means; lots of love and cuddles and good times await!



No comments: