Friday, December 5, 2008

I Left My Heart for San Francisco



Boo hoo hoo. This week I suffered through my first trip away from home. What misery!!!! Two years ago at this time I would have spent the weekend prior visit San Fran since I have never been, maybe venturing up to Napa...this week I was counting the hours I would be away from home and trying anything I could to shave a minute or two off my trip. What heartbreak to leave that little boy! It sure does give me a great appreciation for parents who have to go on trips that last longer than 68 hours.




Also, I am a bit of a high maintenance traveler. While gone are my days of multiple outfits for each day (unless they are for Callan) replacing that space in my luggage was my breast pump. OH, pumping in the airport is a special joy of its own. I think airports are filthy places when I am fully clothed...let alone selectively clothed and preparing a future meal for my baby. When I first arrived for my layover, I had a grand plan of how I could discretely manage pumping. These hopes were dashed when I learned the only bathroom outlets were in the mirrors above the sinks! I was dying thinking about that. Greetings ladies, Welcome to Las Vegas! I doubt that was the kind of Las Vegas style topless revue people had in mind!!! Luckily I discovered a hidden airport gem---the companion bathroom!!!! A single stall private bathroom! It felt like a spa compared to staring down that row of 30 sinks! So, one more badge to add to my new mom sash--Express Milk.

Of course, Callan and Eric got along just fine with out me. Eric even performed a daring feat of solo-baby-bathing. Impressive, no? One of the only things that made being away from Callan even remotely bearable was that I had these great pictures to look at! Auntie Angie got some great pictures of Callan smiling last weekend...and I must have looked at them about 400 times a day.




There is no place like home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






No comments: