Friday, January 30, 2009

Running in Circles

Why crawl if you could walk? Why walk if you could run? I have a feeling there is some serious independent movement awaiting us. While Callan has stuck to his decision not to crawl thus far, he is giving serious thought to the idea of running. Check out his activity station warm up. LOOK out!


You may also notice, that the table looks like it is airborne...or soon to be. Our sweet little baby is outgrowing EVERYTHING! Including his beloved jumperoo and swing---he has about two more pounds to go before he's reached their weight limit.

In other exciting news---we're expanding our food horizons! This week Callan tried a few delicious 'Cheerios!' He wasn't sure what to make of them at first, but after getting the hang of "chewing" them, he liked them so much he decided he couldn't get them in his mouth fast enough and that a better method would be to put his face on the tray of his highchair and pick them up with his mouth--avoiding the pesky tray to hand, hand to mouth transfer. What a little smarty. Then he decided to prove me wrong (I can hear you all thinking--won't be the last time, Jos) and enjoy some banana with his Grandma Char. I guess as long as it isn't mashed or pureed, he likes it just fine. How about that?

For all this forward momentum--we do have some 'slippage.' Poor Callan is NOT sleeping! We are back to an every two hour wake up pattern. I hope, hope, hope it is just a passing phase. Every night I lay him down thinking please, please, please, please.....tonight let's sleep for three hours. Or four hours. I don't get crazy. I don't wish for overnight, or six hours or anything nutty like that. But a few more than two consecutive would really be outstanding. It might even make me productive. Something I vaguely remember being at some point.

No comments: