Saturday, August 1, 2009

Bottlestar Galactica

Callan said "Bottle" tonight! Another new word! Next: Supercalifragilisticexpialidicious.


Well. Maybe not yet. But soon I'm sure!


Also, before I get into this may I say that Callan, and his actions and sometimes his toys throw me into Jack Handy Land (remember from Saturday Night Live--and now,Deep Thoughts with Jack Handy...) well we were playing with his letter blocks the other day and I was totally caught up trying to figure out the longest word you could spell with the blocks. So, the longest word without repeating any letters. Sadly, my atrophied brain could come up with max 7 letters..uniform. Jeopardy champ I am not. But it was seriously getting on my nerves...I knew there had to be longer, better words..but what?! Thank God for Google! Google says it is: ambidextrously. Phew.


Anyway! Our little man is a whirl these days! He loves to go, go, go! Don't try and bother him with clothes or diapers or shoes. Those slow him down! (not enough!) He doesn't seem to have time to eat these days. Our meals have gone from 30 minute events to a 5 minute wrestling match. Usually ending with him partially dressed and using a food as a hairstyling product. He is learning so much! He can easily follow two step directions: Callan, put down Vegie's leash and come help me with the laundry. Callan, take this beer to your dad and change the channel back to golf. Kidding.


We've just been having too dang much fun lately! Which leaves me with no time to post! I'm sorry!!!! Here are some pictures, courtesy of my new fabulous birthday present!!!



Callan got Eric's shirt from his laundry basket and put it on himself. Guess who he got his fashion sense from?


Callan picking his first tomato!




Callan squashing his first tomato on the door.



Hide and go seek!





We had a super fun day at the zoo with Papa! Saw gorillas, polar bears, goats, children on leashes, chased a peahen, and had our first carousel and train ride.


That can really wear a guy out!






No comments: