Tuesday, August 18, 2009

See? Pee!

As I have confessed to many times, part of our nightly ritual is naked baby time, preceeded by bath time. A few nights ago I left Callan enjoying his activity table...playing a few tunes with some very uninhibited dancing. Shedding the diaper really frees you I suppose! I only stepped a few feet away to put his laundry basket in the hallway. While doing so my super soMOMnar hearing picked up a very distinct sound.

A sound that I knew immediately was one of two things. 1. The gentle and rhythmic roll of a delicate maraca, or 2. Urine hitting the carpet. When I walked back into the room in search of a finely crafted Mexican gourd instrument, I instead discovered the puddle. Option number 2 (a number one, but option number 2.) I pointed to the spot and said, "Oh no! What happened Callan?" He looked up at me, down and the spot and back at me. Then he grabbed himself, aimed at the floor and said "SHHHHHHKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK" trying to imitate the sound his pee made.

I laughed until I cried. What a funny and clever boy he is. I was totally expecting the ol' "the dog did it!" excuse! ; )

No comments: