Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Feat of Feet or Just Kickin' It

Last week the hands...this week their partners, the feet. We've expanded our kicking from the mobile to other toys. Our "Clip of the Week" is Callan trying out the baby version of Dance Dance Revolution...he's a natural!


Our biggest and best news of the week was from the Cardiologist. We learned that Callan's murmur is still present, his ductis is still not completely closed, but that it is very, very small and should close on its own by the time Callan is six months old. If for some reason it does not close it should not in any way effect his development, physical activity or health---phew!!!! The Dr. told me that if I left with any reason to worry about Callan's heart then he had not been clear enough. So I was able to officially cross that off the To-Worry list. One down, nine million seven hundred and six to go. ; ) And, since nothing says "thank goodness we have a healthy heart" like bacon, we went out to breakfast with my parents to celebrate! (guess who dressed him!)


Our runner up for best news is, drum roll...........................................................................EIGHT & A HALF HOURS OF SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last night Callan slept from 10p until 6:30a. Holy cow do I hope that is the beginning of a new pattern and not just a fluke!!!! Next time it happens I will worry less (one more off the list!) and try to enjoy/participate more. I woke up at three and then spent most of the rest of the morning checking on Callan. Here's hoping I get another chance soon!


Callan is just growing so much, so quickly! As of last Friday he weighed 14.9 lbs and is officially wearing six month clothes. It is really amazing to realize that every day that goes by he is the smallest he'll ever be...every inch and ounce is one closer to laughing, sitting, talking---walking. I love watching how he changes and learns, and it reminds me to enjoy every second. Even the ones in the middle of the night. I'm sure it won't seem like long until he is keeping me up all night because he has missed his curfew.... I better enjoy the simple reasons like hunger and wet diapers while we have them!


We are looking forward to a great Labor Day weekend with lots of company. Aunt Angela and Uncle Joey, Great Grandma Gladys and my dear friend Amanda! Good thing Callan is getting lots of rest so he can be ready for all of the playing!


Here are a few other pictures from our week....

Callan trying out his new Bumbo (thank you Gerry!) while Vegas looks on. And one of my mom and Callan having a little conversation.


Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday!


P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SMITY!!!!!


No comments: