Thursday, June 5, 2008

the ELEPHANT and the ROOM

This is where I plan to post the news when it happens, so I thought I would test it out by posting a few pictures. A test of the Emerging Baby Broadcast System...


Here are a few of the nursery. I love the way it turned out especially because it is filled with gifts from people we love! Everyone has been so generous, especially with their time and talents! My patient and wonderful parents painted the nursery for us, and my Grandma Gladys made the curtains and bed skirt. Not to mention all of the beautiful clothes, books, toys and other gifts we have received. We are so lucky to have such wonderful families and friends! Thank you all!!!!!!



We are officially two days past due...hopefully this is a sign that our son will have his mother's leisurely attitude towards time. (I am not certain Eric would agree on the hopefully part--but she who controls the keyboard...)


I have a Dr.'s appointment today--perhaps we will get some news. Eric would appreciate news that involves a specific date and time. I hope he is not holding his breath! I am not feeling impatient yet. I am still as comfortable as you can be with the feet of an elephant and camel hump (too big for "baby bump") so big that it makes people think I am having twins. Ah, the beauty of having a 56" waist! I can tell that I am starting to get so big that I am scaring people. Especially when they learn I am past due...I think a lot of people really think it could literally be any minute--- and most don't want to share that minute with me!!!






3 comments:

gobble1313 said...

The room looks great...I bet y'all can't wait. I'm thinking June 7th is as good as any day. :)

Beth said...

Joslynn (and Eric too),
The room looks awesome. I'm sure that you are both quite ready for your son to arrive. We are excited to meet our new nephew and cousin. What a great blog - we'll be watching for your posts and the big announcement. We wish you the best for a smooth delivery. Your baby boy is blessed to have you both as his parents. Take lots of pictures. He will change and grow so quickly.

Anonymous said...

You and the room are gorgeous! Take care and can't wait to talk to you - My guess for baby boy is 6/10/08 :) Love and miss you so much - Amanda