Wednesday, October 29, 2008

These are Bananas? B-A-N-A-N-A-S?

Our food journey continues! Callan is very much enjoying solid foods---he seems to prefer them to his previous all liquid diet. He loved applesauce, butternut squash, peaches and pears. Noticeably absent from the list is bananas. I tortured the poor guy with them for three days...thinking he might acquire a taste for them, but he just doesn't like them. Having a food nemesis myself (aurgh, how I hate you mayonnaise!) I can't help but wonder if I seeing a lifelong distaste or a passing disinterest...we'll try mixing them in w/a few other fruits to see if they become more tolerable. The good news about it was that I saw a volume miracle--two ounces of food in a small bowl can completely shellac a baby. He spit out so much fruit I think that he somehow multiplied it in his mouth. I wasn't able to capture the banana rejection on video, but in other fruit related news, here is Callan displaying his talent for raspberry blowing.

No comments: