Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Look Who We Ran Into

Or, look who came to visit so they could actually, literally run. What I am about to write makes it seem like I should include a disclaimer. OK, just for the record, athleticism may run in my family, but it does not run in these veins. The owner of these veins does not run, unless it is to a great sale, or away from someone scary. I certainly don't do it for fun. NOT fun. Jiggly bits slamming up and down. Not for me. I would need sooooooooooo much help from engineers (spandex, protective padding, levers, straps, all kinds of stuff) that it is just not worth it. Walking is hard enough, I see no need to speed it up. But my little sister does. Aunt Ang ran in her first half marathon this past weekend. Here's what crazy looks like after the race...running through the pain of tendinitis in both knees. Man, it is hell to be fit, eh? But YAY for Angie! And if they didn't have enough crazy in their house, Joe ran the full marathon!!! They both did awesome and are looking forward to their next opportunity. For my part, I made a pie. Huh. I wonder why I am the fat sister!?!?! ; )


But that is not why you are here, are you my one reader? You want to know about Callan!
Well, I hope he wouldn't mind me saying, but he had a pretty great weekend. Lots of time with his NiNi and Papa (what we are trying out for my parents in lieu of Grandma and Grandpa) which is always so much fun!










A visit from Aunt Ang and Uncle Joe. Which means that Callan also got to see something he hasn't had to see in a while--a surgical mask! OK, momachondria caused me to force my sister to wear a mask around Callan for fear of the Swine Flu. I know, is she a great and patient sister or what??? She had a confirmed case at her school, so under the advice of my pediatrician we took 'prophylactic' precautions.





He also got to see the elusive Uncle Grant and Aunt Johanna. Those two are soooooooooo busy. Work, school, a new home and they dare to have a social life. They make me tired just hearing about it!



We had lots of fun, but it sure made us miss everyone who wasn't with us for 'family dinner' Eth, Liza and our GG!

No comments: