Monday, May 11, 2009

Mama Dia

What a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!!! We got to see our GG and our NiNi...life is good!

GG and her friends Mildred and Ellie were in town on spring break! Great Grandmas Gone Wild! They went on a road trip and hit the SAC Museum and a couple of nurseries. Ellie was a "Rosie the Riveter" and she worked on the Inola Gay which is being restored at the SAC, so they even got a behind the scenes tour of the restoration. Pretty cool!!! We went to meet them at a little place over in Papillion (who cares where? keep reading). Needless to say that once Callan arrived, GG couldn't concentrate on the petunias. Callan loved getting to see GG, Mildred and Ellie. He was a big fan of all the flowers and would have loved to have been let loose to grab and eat at will. No such luck. As if to signal his disapproval of that choice, he cried the entire way home. Of course, being the ultimate planner that I am, I left at rush hour. SOOOOOOOOO it took me 50 minutes to get across town. I was alternating a contortionist move that involves twisting my right arm completely around up over the car seat to deliver cheerios/binki/bottle to Callan's mouth and loudly singing my sad, sad repertoire of songs (which oft includes classics like, On Top of Spaghetti. POOR baby!) Shockingly, neither of those things helped a bit, no matter how tried. I guess Callan is a better judge of singing talent than I give him credit for. In those many moments I went from being someone who doesn't want her child to watch much TV to believing I can't survive another minute w/out a DVD player in the car. If my singing doesn't help I'm sure insert name Barney/Elmo/Dora/Deigo could have. But, we survived and went on to a great Saturday!











We met NiNi and PaPa downtown for some breakfast and shopping. Callan LOVED the Farmer's market and watching all of the kids and dogs. And, as per usual, PaPa loved showing Callan all the new sites and sounds.







On Saturday we went out to dinner at Roja with our friend Kim, my parents and Uncle Grant & Aunt Johanna! We got some very exciting news...we have a new family member! Dog cousin Moxie!



On Sunday we spent the day at home trying to accomplish something. I can't remember what exactly, as it didn't get accomplished. OH well! We went to the park for a little while and just spent the day playing. We discovered dandelions. (Ironically, the same year that Eric has learned to make the lawn beautiful. Life is cruel.) We had a great time!



Callan is just getting SOOO brave! He can stand unassisted and today he stood up with out pulling himself up, and then took 5 steps! He is also experimenting with climbing. NiNi discovered that he can hoist himself up onto the bottom shelf of the changing table...and from then on anything that remotely resembles a step is fair game. Drawers, boxes, bowls, stacks of diapers. We just might have a monkey on our hands!

And today is Callan's 11 mo birthday! I had better get it in gear for the first bday celebration. I see a spreadsheet in my future...............

No comments: