Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Three Daze

Phew! What a great and busy long weekend!
First, we helped NiNi celebrate her birthday! Here's what happens when I make a cake and Chef Grant makes a dessert. The beautiful dessert which he threw together just that morning arrives at my house with hand torched meringue and a dressy little sauce. The cake that took me three days in the making (one to bake, one to frost, and one to serve) looks like it was constructed in a wood fired stove by a hobbit. I had to make extra frosting to try and cover my mistakes. And I had to buy wax letters because I was concerned the weight of any additional frosting my make an already collapsed cake implode. Sheesh GRANT! You can see that NiNi let Callan practice the birthday song and a candle blow-out in prep for his big day! Happy Birthday Mom! We love you LOTS!!!



On Sunday we went to the Zoo again and met my friend Monica and her four kids! Callan was thrilled with the company! The kids were glad to meet him and even more glad that he wasn't one of those kinds of babies (the kind that cries). There were very curious about his hair...how it stands up and what color it is under his hat. Best of all, they were allowed to push the stroller. Wild times I tell you! After a big nap (for Eric) we went to the pool.











Monday we went to visit Eric's family at the lake. For as much as Callan loves the pool, he was very uncertain about the boat. OK, it was just the life jacket he wasn't a fan of. But I was glad he didn't want to get in the water because I saw a (cover your eyes)

S-N-A-K-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A swimming snake. An anaconda. Or maybe an amphibious garter snake but very scary either way. A life jacket won't help you with that, people!

No comments: