Monday, November 16, 2009

A million pieces

Right now it is 5 am. I am listening to Callan scream alternately between angry gasps of "MAMA" "Ooout" "gogogo" "nighnigh" MaaaMAa!"
I was just interupted by the sound of pajama'ed feet on the floor. Safety note to self: when you finally decide to woman up and have Callan cry it out try making sure he can't climb out of his crib first. It isn't flipping cars over but the climb out I think was an adrenaline result.
This has been coming for a few weeks now--or a year depending on who is counting I guess. Callan seems to never have fully adjusted to the time change. He either wakes up for the day at 5:30 or he wakes at about 3 a.m. Like it is 3 p.m. tonight it started like that again but he just wouldn't go back to sleep his bed our bed rinse repeat. So after an hour and a half of climbing, rocking, shushing and praying my exhaustion and 2ric got the best of me and I agreed to put him in his crib and leave him there....TORTURE! He is asleep again, I imagine he is exhausted! I have decided to roll the dice on staying up instead of going back to bed. I think a one hour nap will do me more harm than good at this point but I may feel differently come 3 this afternoon. I don't know what we will do or try tomorrow night but please wish us luck! And by luck I mean sleep. Yawn!

No comments: