Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Number Two, Take Two

Well hell. Things have gone to crap around here! ; )
Poop is our new favorite topic of conversation.
This morning I was persuaded by Callan to let him take a shower (he said Peese when he signed--heartbreakingly sweet!) and when we got out he was spending a few minutes sans diaper. The first thing he saw when he started exploring the closet was a small piece of brown fuzz. He pointed to it and declared--POOP.
I explained to him, no, not poop--fuzz. We need to take it to the trash. He insisted.
POOP!
No, look---Mommy will take it to the trash see?
POOP!
No, just trash.
POOOOP!
Oh shit. Poop.
There it was. Laid out on the closet carpet, a nice fresh poop. Aurgh. Nothing like starting the morning out with a little carpet cleaning.
I need to learn my toddler inflection so I can better determine the difference between, declaration, inquisition and warning.
Something tells me I'll get plenty of practice!

No comments: